We believe:1. The Bible to be the inspired, only infallible and authoritative Word of God, and the final authority on all matters of faith and practice.
(2 Tim 3:15-4:1, 1 Thess 2:13, 2 Peter 1:21-2:1)
2. There is only one true God that is eternally existent in three persons, the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Deut 6:4, Isa 43:10-11, Matt 28:18-20, Luke 3:22)
3. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutional death on the cross, bodily resurrection, ascension to the Father and His personal return in power and glory.
(Matt 1:23, Luke 1:31-32, Acts 10:37-38, Acts 2:22, Heb 7:26-27, 1 Cor 15:3-5, 2 Cor 5:21-6:1, Matt 28:6, Luke 24:39, 1 Cor 15:4-6, Acts 1:9-11, Phil 2:9-11, Heb 1:3)
4. A renewal by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of sinful man; a person must experience a spiritual rebirth. Only through the power of the Holy Spirit is a Christian able to live a more godly life.
(Rom 10:12-13, Eph 2:8-10, Titus 2:11, Titus 3:4-8, Rom 8:16, Eph 4:24, Titus 2:12)
5. There is a resurrection of both the saved and the lost. The saved to eternal life in heaven, and the lost to hell.
(1 Thess 4:15-17, Rom 3:23-24, 1 Cor 15:51-52, Rev 20:11-15, Rev 21:6-8)
6. Jesus Christ rose from the dead and is returning soon for his people.
(Zech 14:4-5, Matt 24:26, Matt 24:30, Rev 1:7, Rev 19:11-13)
7. Jesus gave the church the Great Commission, which is to go into the entire world and preach the Gospel to every person, and make disciples of all nations.
(Mark 16:15, Luke 14:23, Matt 28:16-20, Acts 1:7-8, Mark 16:15 -16)
8. In the spiritual unity of believers through the working of the Holy Spirit and the Lord Jesus Christ.
(Eph 4:11-13, Ps 133:1, Phil 2:1-3)
9. We believe in living a holy Christian life, and we must have a concern for the hurt, pain, and social needs of others.
(Col 3:12-14, Rom 15:1-2)
10. We believe we must dedicate ourselves in a new way to the service of our Lord Jesus Christ and to His authority over our lives.
(Col 2:9-11, Eph 6:7-8)
In today’s society and over all of history there is one word, one name, that no matter how it is said, is offensive.
Most people in the world believe that there is a God, that there is a higher being of some kind, something, a creator, so when "God" is thanked, praised, or worshipped, for the most part society is ok with this, but when a certain name is mentioned, people often become very upset. This name, that word, is Jesus Christ.
Have you ever asked any of the questions…“Why should I follow Jesus? Why would I? Who is He anyway…?” I asked these exact questions too at one time in my life…
The answer is simple. The reality of it all is, God loves YOU. He wants you to experience abundant peace and eternal life. He loves you so much that He sacrificed His only son to die for your sins.
“So…that’s great that God loves me, but why should I follow Him?”
God did not make robots to automatically love and obey Him. He gave you free will and a choice. All too often, this free will causes a separation from God due to disobedience.
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious
- Romans 3:23
I’ve often thought about “free will”…and why if God is all powerful, why didn’t he just create us to worship Him as He desires? However, that just doesn’t make sense. What good is someone’s love if they are forced and made to love you…? It means something when someone chooses to love you, when someone makes a choice and loves you for who you are, what you are, and no matter what you’ve done. This is the depth of Christ’s love for us and for all mankind.
The good news is that YOU matter to God. He’s given an avenue for forgiveness where you can restore your relationship with Him. He gave His son Jesus to pay the death penalty by sending Him to the cross and raising Him from the grave.
Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned,
but He died for sinners to bring you safely home to God.
- 1 Peter 3:18
So, What do I do now
It’s not enough to just know about this, or even agree with it.
Even Satan and his angels believe in God. They were actually
with God at one time. You have to act on it. Truly believe
in Him and His Son.
Humbly admit to God that you need His forgiveness
Confess that Jesus is Lord and that He alone can save you
Believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead to pay for your sins
If you confess with your
mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart
that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Romans 10:9