- 2901 Gillionville Rd. Suite D
- Albany, GA 31721
- Telephone: (229) 594-6733
- FAX: (229) 594-6733
- E-mail: albany@DORKSbooks.com
- 540 College Drive
- Barnesville, GA 30204
- Telephone: (678) 359-1459
- FAX: (678) 359-1459
- E-mail: barnesville@DORKSbooks.com
- 120 Oil Park Drive
- Carrollton, GA 30117
- Telephone: (770) 834-1124
- FAX: (770) 834-1124
- E-mail: carrollton@DORKSbooks.com
- 156 S. Chestatee St. Suite C
- Dahlonega, GA 30533
- Telephone: (706) 867-3675
- FAX: (706) 867-3675
- E-mail: dahlonega@DORKSbooks.com
- Unfortunately we've been forced to close, against our will...
- 5011 Romeiser Dr.
- Macon, GA 31206
- Telephone: (478) 254-6020
- FAX: (478) 254-6020
- E-mail: macon@DORKSbooks.com
- 5890 Jonesboro Rd.
- Morrow, GA 30260
- Telephone: (770) 961-3038
- FAX: (770) 961-3038
- E-mail: morrow@DORKSbooks.com
True College QuotesFailure can be divided into those who thought and never did, and into those who did and never thought.
- W.A. Nance
Textbook Rental is Finally Here!
Some of us have wondered and many times questioned this new idea of renting your textbooks. No one knows if it’s actually better for the students to rent their books or not, but everyone has an opinion. Most students say they would much rather purchase their books up front and get CASH back at the end of the semester, but it’s the uncertainty of the books’ value that makes them turn toward the option of textbook rental. In our experience, both ways can end up saving students a lot of money. Below are a few facts about textbook rental.
1. One problem with the rental option is all the strings attached with most all online and in-store rental programs. When renting textbooks, students always need to remember that if a book doesn’t come back in the exact condition in which it was sold, the student owes the difference between the rental price they paid and the list price (replacement cost)... which really means they ended up paying the cost of a NEW textbook and only got a USED book and received NO money back. So when RENTING books, the student has to take good care of them.
2. Another reason, that very often goes unnoticed, is the simple fact that some rental prices on leading online sites are really not saving students very much money at all. Most of the time students can find the USED book they need at one of our DORKS Books locations or online at DORKSbooks.com at extremely low costs.
3. There are also very strict return policies and due dates that can end up costing students a ton if they forget to return the book on time or are late mailing the book back.
HOWEVER…no matter how you feel about textbook rental, here at DORKS Books we've really done the research and truly believe this service is exactly what DORKS was founded on, giving students the most options when they BUY and SELL their books, while always striving to be the "Students' Choice for College Textbooks". So feel free to contact the store closest to you and ask if your location will be renting books for the current semester. We are constantly trying to improve our services and hopefully we will be able to help you now and in the near future!”
- DORKS Book Rental FAQ - Click Here
Exactly what info do you need from me so that I can rent textbooks from DORKS?
We just need your driver's license, current contact information and a valid credit card. A big "thank you" for saving you a boatload of cash wouldn't hurt either!
Why do you need my credit card?
When you rent your books from DORKS, we will only charge you the rental charge for the book or books. Your credit card will only be charged if you fail to return your books back to us by the return date.
Can I rent ALL of my textbooks from you?
At the majority of our locations, DORKS will be renting almost all textbook titles, but there may still be a few titles that may not be available to rent. However; our rental selection is ALWAYS increasing. Stop by and will do our best to fulfill all of your textbook needs!
The DORKS Textbook Rental is fast, easy, and can save you from 15% to 50% or more on select titles!
The rental is for one semester and the books will be due back on the last day of finals for whichever school you are attending. The books must be returned in the same condition that they were sold/rented and if there is any damage, excessive highlighting or marks, water damage, or the books are simply not returned by the deadline, the difference between the rental price & the List Price of the book will be charged to your credit card on file. However, we do give you a five (5) day grace period, where there will a late fee assessed before charging the difference previously mentioned above. The late fee will equaling 30% of the rented price, This gives you a little "cushion" to return the books, in case there is a problem or situation that hinders you from getting the book back. Please refer to the DORKS Help Page for more details on the stated condition of a textbook.